The Faculty of Theology in Paderborn
The Faculty of Theology in Paderborn is the oldest institution of higher education in Westphalia. It was founded on September 10th, 1614 by prince-bishop Dietrich IV of Fürstenberg. In 1615 Pope Paul V and Emperor Matthias II certified that the institution was to become a university. The Faculty is placed right in the old center of Paderborn, a vivid city, self-confidently living by the sources of its Christian tradition and, at the same time, counted among the leading scientific and economic locations of North Rhine-Westphalia.
Its students come from places all over Germany. They can attain a diploma-degree after ten terms, the licentiate, as well as the doctorate and post-doctoral lecture certification (Habilitation) in Catholic theology. Their professional goals are numerous: a ministry in a diocese or order, a job as a theologian in ecclesiastical fields of activity, social services or services at schools, and even professions that are not related to the church.
In order to visit the website of the Faculty of Theology in Paderborn, please click on the following link: [more]